We know that there is an enormous amount of information available via the Internet regarding child-rearing, health, and medicine. It can be difficult to sift through this information and decide if it is trustworthy.
We have assembled some links to websites we believe will be of interest to many patients and families. On theses sites, you can find information on common illnesses and diseases, along with information on preventative medicine. Additionally, some identified sites may be fun and educational for children.
Please use these sites for informational purposes only. If you have specific questions about illnesses please make an appointment to see us at our office.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Vaccine Information
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- National Library of Medicine Toxicology Data Network
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
Food, Allergy and Nutrition
- Anorexia and Bulimia
- The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Asthma and Allergy Network: Mothers of Asthmatics
- How Asthma-Friendly is Your Childcare Setting?
- WebMD Allergy
Family Health & Safety
- KidsInDanger.org (Updates on recalled products, advocacy news, and other important information.)
- Zero to Three
- Just for Parents
- Just for Teens
- Just for Kids
- Mobilize (Online community for teens to volunteer, find a cause, or share a passion.)
- Family TLC
- AAP Car Seat Safety
- Kids Health Car Safety
- Cheap Car Insurance Safety Tips
Diseases and Conditions